LuxDoc a.s.b.l. is a young organization of PhD students and junior researchers. It is open to all PhD students and junior researchers working in Luxembourg as well as to Luxembourgish PhD students and young researchers abroad.
The number of young researchers and PhD students in Luxembourg has considerably grown over recent years. Their contribution in shaping the country’s academic landscape is thus considerable. However, the concerns and interests of PhD students and junior researchers remained largely unheard. LuxDoc was thus born out of the need to create a representative body which would allow PhD students and junior researchers to engage in ongoing scientific and political debates.
For its members, LuxDoc wants to be a social as well as a scientific exchange platform.
The main objectives of LuxDoc are:
- Represent and defend the interests of PhD students and young researchers in Luxembourg with regards to training, research and career perspectives
- Collaborate with the respective authorities to improve studying and working conditions for PhD students
- Develop and promote scientific culture in Luxembourg
- Provide and create information on topics of interest for PhD students and junior researchers
- Participate in ongoing political and scientific discussions
- Contribute to develop policies regarding higher education and research in Luxembourg
- Facilitate exchange and meetings of PhD students and Luxembourgish and international researchers
- Organize cultural and scientific events for PhD students and young researchers
- Support and assist future PhD students in their training
- Provide career information for young researchers